AVNET Technology Solutions has signed a distribution agreement in Malaysia with Red Hat Inc on the 21st August 2013, to offer open source enterprise solutions locally. Under the agreement, Avnet will distribute the full range of Red Hat solutions, which include Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualisation and Red Hat JBoss Middleware solutions in Malaysia.
Avnet would provide IT facilities for enterprise applications and open source platforms compatibility testing for a new open source based Avnet Solutions Centre (ASC), will be open to all Avnet and Red Hat customers and partners in the country.
Red Hat is at the forefront of open source software development for enterprise IT, deliverying a broad portfolio of products and services for commercial markets. CIOs and IT departments around the world rely on Red Hat to deliver solutions that meet their business needs and provide technology leadership, performance, security and unmatched value.
Avnet Key Facts
- Exchange: NYSE
- Founded: 1921 (by Charles Avnet)
- CEO: Bill Amelio
- Global Headquarters: Phoenix, Arizona
- Ranked #102 on the FORTUNE 500 in 2016
- Named to the FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies®” 2016 list, 10th year in a row
- 100,000+ customers worldwide
- 18,000+ employees
- 800+ suppliers
- 300+ locations
Why Choose Avnet?
- Deliver complete solutions from leading technology suppliers
- Leverage market leading services to augment your own capabilities
- Receive the right combination of education and training to move your business forward
- Enter markets faster – with less upfront investment